Hello, I'm Karen and I'm a week behind with my stolen questions.
2. It's Wednesday at noon, where are you usually?
Working, hopefully from home.
3. What kind of laundry detergent do you use?
Era, Dark Cheer, or Woolite, plus Oxyclean and Downy.
4. What brand of shampoo is in your shower right now?
Body Shop Olive Glossing Shampoo
5. Did you ever get into a bar and drink before you were 21?
Yes. I get proofed more often now than I did back then.
6. What countries have you been to?
USA, Canada, Germany, England, USSR (Russia), Hungary, Poland, Japan, Ireland, Antigua, China.
7. Do you watch MTV anymore?
No, and I never really did - I didn't get cable until I was 30 and had kids.
8. What do you think about Oprah?
I wish I had 1/342nd of her savings account.
9. What color are your bed sheets?
Blue striped, blue plaid, wheat, or sage.
10. You need a new pair of jeans: what store do you go to first?
11. Did you ever watch The O.C.?
No, but I work with a guy called O'C.
12. What kind of car do you drive?
VW Jetta 1.8 Turbo - LOVE. IT.
13. Honestly, is that car insured?
Absolutely. I live in NJ and am not (yet) entirely insane.
14. Do you like sushi?
Yes, and so does Ross.
15. Have you ever been to Tiffany & Co. or Saks 5th Ave?
Yes, I'm lucky enough to have shopped in both. Also, I'm currently working on lighting controls for several Tiffany's satellite locations...think I'll be able to get a discount?
16. Did your parents spoil you growing up?
I didn't think so back then.
17. Do you like roller coasters?
Yes. Happily, so does Ross.
18. What magazine(s) do you buy regularly or subscribe to?
Home: Scientific American, Smithsonian, Allure, Everyday Food, Cook’s Illustrated, Travel & Leisure, New Jersey, Departures, Antiques, Games
Professional: ESTA Protocol, Archi-tech, LiveDesign, NEC Digest, Lighting & Sound America, PLSN
Kids: National Geographic Kids, Lego Magazine, USA Hockey Magazine
Extra: Bibliofilly brings her New Yorkers (and sometimes Real Simples) over when she’s done with them. I also read People at Fraukow’s whenever we visit.
19. Do you remember the WB show Popular?
Never watched it.
20. When you go out do you prefer to go to a dance club or to a bar?
I prefer to go to a good restaurant.
21. What do you think about gay marriage?
I support unions between loving couples.
22. Who do you think will be the next president?
Nice weather we're having, eh?
23. Are you registered to vote?
24. Do you own an iPod?
25. Is your bathroom filled with beauty stuff?
Not really. I own some makeup but rarely wear any. My indulgence is facial scrub, mask, and moisturizer from Sabon.
26. What do you normally smell like?
Heavenly from Victoria's Secret. I get lots of compliments on it, so I keep wearing it.
27. Do you like Carrie Underwood?
I don't know her.
28. Been to "The Vegas"?
Many times, mainly work-related. I do like to sneak off to ride the Big Shot, though.
29. How far away do you live from your parents?
2,200 miles from my mom
30. Are you happy with your job?
31. Where do you work and what do you do there?
I am a lighting control specialist for a manufacturer's representative
agency in architectural lighting.
32. What did you get in the mail today?
A wedding invitation, a Cranium Club packet, USA Hockey registration cards for the kids, June issue of Allure, and a bunch of junk.
33. How do you like your steak cooked?
34. Britney Spears. Ready to have a nervous break down or just having fun?
Ask Dave Barry - his blog keeps up with her more than I do.
35. What do you usually order at Taco Bell?
Directions to Mighty Taco.
36. Have you ever sat all the way through Gone With the Wind?
37. Have you ever been to Mt Rushmore?
Yes, but I was very young and don’t really remember it.
38. Is it just me, or was The Marine (w/John Cena) a really horrible movie?
I haven't seen it.
39. Are surveys like the cocaine of myspace?
40. Where is your favorite place (that you have actually been to)?
Hard question! I've been to some sincerely amazing places. If I could sort out my favorite, I would probably align my life to be able to be there more often.
41. What is your favorite candle scent?
I like different scents in different places and I'm mainly hooked on PartyLite scents (blame Fraukow). In my den, I like fresh scents like lemongrass or cotton blossom or something citrus. In the bathroom, I prefer ocean mist or seaside mist or spring water. In other rooms it depends on the time of year or my mood. I have an assortment of spice-based (ginger, cinnamon, mint) or plant-based (bayberry, pine) regulars and a few one-off scents that I try because they sound interesting.
42. Do you believe places can really be haunted?
43. Do you smoke cigarettes?
44. Have you ever been to NYC or LA?
45. How many states have you been to where all you saw was the airport?
None. I’ve at least seen the inside of a shuttle and a theatre in the states I’ve flown into.
46. Do you think 50 questions is enough?
More than enough for one sitting.
47. Are you currently planning a trip?
Several: Wilson, NY (three times over the summer); Toronto, ONT; Bethlehem, PA; Dunnville, ONT. We also just got back from visiting my mom and sister in Arizona.
48. Is Ryan Seacrest gay?
If I knew who he was, I might have a guess.
49. Do you take anti-depressants? Sleeping pills?
50. What do you think about space travel?
I wonder if it will one day be as commonplace as air travel is today.