21 May 2007

Inspiring the Neighbors

"There's strawberry-rhubarb pie," says Chris as I walk in, "Mr. K. brought it over. Apparently, I inspired Mrs. K. to bake pie so she made one for us, too."

"Wow!" I sniff the fresh pie appreciatively, hoping dinner won't be too filling. "What did you do to inspire pie?"

"I have no idea. We were talking about cutting down trees."

"What did Mr. K. say when he brought it over?"

"He said he didn't know how trees got to baking either, but he wasn't about to question fresh pie." Chris also elected not to ask and the pie was unquestionably good.



5 comments:

bibliofilly said...

Hooray for pie! I love pie. You guys have good neighbors.

Anonymous said...

All I know is, I'd love some! I've even got the ice-cream to add to it...

The Plaid Sheep said...

When I saw rhubarb in the store today I thought of this pie. I must wait for better strawberries though.

S said...

Heh. I'm still wondering what he said to inspire the gift of the pie.

karen said...

I'm still wondering, too. If we could figure out what it was, he could say it again!

subscribe!

Add to Google Reader or Homepage Powered by FeedBurner Subscribe in Bloglines