25 September 2006

Girl's Night In

Last time I got to spend a night in NYC, I had five of my favorite friends along. We stayed in multi-room corner suites with astonishing views of the Statue of Liberty and Lower New York Bay. After some fabulous shopping, we dressed to the nines and rode to dinner in an elegant, new model stretch limosine. Heaven!

Back in the city again, I find myself alone and in less resplendant (although still very nice) digs, with a view of the other side of 28th Street. I did squeeze in some shopping, although I doubt the memory of purchasing a lint brush will make me smile as often as remembering when I found the totally cute pleated skirt. I've just completed my in-room "spa" service (Clinique skin calming moisture mask) and decadant nosh (Chips Ahoy & milk, bought in duane reade with the lint roller) and am now off to see about a bit of sleep since I can't seem to concentrate on the product information I'm supposed to be learning. Do you think people asking hard questions about the product will be as distracted by cookies as I seem to be? Perhaps I should get another box...

3 comments:

C L Blackman said...

glad you are having a "decadent" time.


i think the cookies would work... at least on the kids....

miss you

Fraukow said...

How tacky of you to bring lint with you to NYC, would that be allowed on an airplane? cookies are always a welcome distraction - answer their questions with one of your own "Wanna Cookie?"

Ginger Johnson said...

And have I told you how many times I have worn my white blouse that matches yours??? Love it!

Personally, I've been having an Oreo day, as my neighbor brought me a bag. Who knew that the definition of a good neighbor is one who brings you Oreos?

subscribe!

Add to Google Reader or Homepage Powered by FeedBurner Subscribe in Bloglines