04 October 2008

Gala Invitation

A few weeks ago, I received this autumnal card with the date of the upcoming USGBC-NY fall gala. Pretty, right? I'm invited because I sit on the USGBCNY Green Codes Task Force, Lighting & Daylighting committee.

This week, the actual gala invitation came. I noticed the envelope was heavy and no wonder - the formal invitation is printed on a copper plate! The enclosure notes, "This copper has one of the highest recycled content of any engineering metal (98%). Copper shingles will never end up in a landfill as they are 100% recyclable and hold a salvage value." Environmentally friendly and completely gorgeous. Anyone want to send me $750 so I can attend the gala?

1 comment:

Chaotic Joy said...

Oh the invitation itself is beautiful enough to frame. I love the copper leaf.

subscribe!

Add to Google Reader or Homepage Powered by FeedBurner Subscribe in Bloglines