13 May 2006

The seven days of Mother's Day

On the first day of Mother's Day, my true love gave to me: A full-garden Roto-tilling spree!

On the second day of Mother's Day, my bug love gave to me: A sequinned jewelry box, hand painted with pictures of me (and an island...)!

Also on the second day of Mother's Day (because we were just too excited), my little love gave to me: A lovely purple orchid in a black pot with a "cracky crack here, see?" (this plant selected particularly for the interesting noise made by the plastic pot when you play with the crack in the edge...)

Still on the second day of Mother's Day (but we CAN'T wait!), my two loves gave to me: A self decorated cookie with lots of frosting so you can share with me (and me!)

On the third (phew!) day of Mother's Day, my true love gave to me: a beautiful white orchid ("it goes with my purple and you really can't wait, Daddy!")

On the fourth day of Mother's Day all my loves gave to me: a trip to the garden center to choose plants for the newly tilled gardens (no, thank you, I do not want an apple tree...).

On the fifth day of Mother's Day my true loves gave to me: Chinese take-out dinner so we could use our new hashi.

On the sixth day of Mother's Day my NHL hockey team gave to me: a second-round playoff victory!!

On the seventh day of Mother's Day (and the only one actually celebrated by most other people) we'll have blueberry pancakes, we'll plant in the gardens, we'll lunch on leftover Chinese, we'll finally eat the cookie, we'll enjoy both the orchids, and I'll put some golden rings in the box meant for jewelry...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe some year soon you'll get a mother's day card like this-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhcA4Ry65FU

karen said...

that is SO the mother's day of my future!

subscribe!

Add to Google Reader or Homepage Powered by FeedBurner Subscribe in Bloglines