17 July 2007

Back to the Past

A DeLorean DMC-12! In my 'hood! Chris discovered it and instantly called me to make sure I'd drive the right way home (he's useful like that). I spent a few minutes chatting with the owner and got his permission to take pictures (which I will treasure forever in my "brush with a star" collection).



After I took the photos, I gazed at the car lovingly and tried to give off "I would take REALLY good care of this car" vibes but it didn't seem as if he was going to spontaneously gift me the car. It seems that this twenty-year obsession will not be fulfilled. *sigh* At least I have the pants.

Alas, discovering the speedometer only goes to 85mph (?!?) was SERIOUSLY distressing. Time travel velocity is eighty-eight miles per hour! All these years, I've had no idea I've been suspending my disbelief THAT much.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

ohmigod, like totally awesome.

Anonymous said...

I never saw one in real life, but i'd think for sure you would have given up the kitchen (again) to buy it!

Anonymous said...

did back to the future at least get a MENTION in the conversation?! LOL...double cool

karen said...

@rob: You have no idea. Then again, maybe you do but you'd probably be loathe to admit it.

@grandmoo: Alas, I'd have needed about two kitchens to even get him to think about it...otherwise, I'd be selling the children to afford a garage.

@sister k: I am SO much cooler than to bring up BTTF in conversation with the owner of an actual DeLorean - I didn't even let him know why my face fell when I looked at the dash. Too bad all my cool points will be lost when he Googles DeLorean and finds my blog.

Anonymous said...

forget that! i'd totally have told him where my love for DeLoreans came from! I really honestly expected to scroll down and see a pic of you sitting at the wheel!!!!!!! still cool though!

Anonymous said...

and i also expected to see a pic of Chris' cousin from a weekend blog! LOL...

Anonymous said...

hell; i'll buy the boys; you get the car!

subscribe!

Add to Google Reader or Homepage Powered by FeedBurner Subscribe in Bloglines