07 November 2008

What's More, There's A Floor

And so it was that the tile guys came to lay the floor on Thursday, while I was in the City and Chris ran around with the kids, who were off school because it's November. We'd left instructions for the floor tiles to be set randomly but when I came home, I found them carefully arranged in a checkerboard - not exactly what I'd had in mind when we discussed random placement! I blinked several times and asked Chris if I was being difficult but he agreed, the tiles did, in fact, look like a checkerboard.

I immediately messaged our project manager, to ask if they could be rearranged. No, he said, by morning they will have set up; prying the tiles off the cement would probably crack them. He said there was a chance they could be pried up right away, washed and left until morning...so Chris and I went in. We managed to rearrange enough tiles to take away the checkerboard feeling without damaging any and the guys showed up to install the grout this afternoon. By Monday, we'll have a real floor! Week 8 pics in my Flickr.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

beautiful! :)

The Plaid Sheep said...

That floor is most excellent. Well done on tile choosing.

Anonymous said...

It's going to be so terrific!

Fraukow said...

Fabulous!

LMP said...

Now that you've removed the checkerboard, I'm reasonably certain I can see the Mary Magdalene in the swirly portions...

Amanda said...

Wow! Way to push through. I love tiled floors.

subscribe!

Add to Google Reader or Homepage Powered by FeedBurner Subscribe in Bloglines